FALCONS OPEN SEASON ON OCTOBER 3
FALCONS ANNOUNCE 2009-10 SCHEDULE
--Falcons Home Opener Is October 3 Against Portland--
Springfield, MA – The Springfield Falcons, proud members of the American Hockey League, announced today their 2009-10 regular season schedule. The Falcons will once again play an unbalanced 80-game schedule, 40 home games and 40 road games. Springfield will play in the eight-team Atlantic Division located within the Eastern Conference.
The Falcons will open the 2009-10 campaign at home when they host the Portland Pirates on Saturday, October 3 starting at 7 pm at the MassMutual Center. This will mark the first time since the 2005-06 season Springfield has opened their schedule at home. Following the Falcons’ home opener, they will hit the road for three straight games starting on Sunday, October 4 when they head to Providence, followed by stops in Adirondack on October 9 and Hartford on October 10.
The Falcons will once again play a majority of their home games on weekend dates, including 15 Friday games, 13 home contests on Saturdays and seven games on Sundays. The Falcons will host three games on Wednesdays and two contests on Tuesdays. Of the five mid-week games for Springfield, three will be played during a school vacation week. Starting times for home games this season will be 7:30 pm for Friday contests, 7:00 pm for games Monday-Thursday and Saturday, and there will be a new 3:00 pm starting time for Sunday matinees. The Falcons will have four Saturday home games that start at 7:30 pm including: November 28, January 2, January 23 and January 30.
The Falcons’ longest homestand of the season will be four straight games at the MassMutual Center, which will occur from January 29-February 5 and again from March 5-13. Springfield’s longest road trip of the campaign will also occur in March when they play six straight road games from March 14-27.
DATES TO REMEMBER
- October 3 – Home Opener against the Portland Pirates.
- October 17 – Hartford’s first visit of the season to the MassMutual Center.
- October 31 – Falcons host Halloween 3 pm matinee against the Lowell Devils.
- November 25 – Falcons back at home on Thanksgiving Eve hosting the Worcester Sharks.
- December 6 – Adirondack hockey returns to Springfield as the Phantoms make their lone visit.
- December 19 – Providence Bruins make their first visit to the MassMutual Center.
- January 17 – Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins make first visit to The Nest since the 2007-08 season.
- January 18-20 – AHL All-Star Break in Portland, Maine.
- April 11 – Falcons conclude regular season at MassMutual Center with 3 pm matinee.