FALCONS BEAT THE SENATORS IN BINGO
January 16, 2010 - The Springfield Falcons used a complete team effort on Saturday night and beat the Binghamton Senators 5-2 in Binghamton, NY. The Falcons have now won their last two road games and overall they now have points in three of their last four games played. The Falcons had three players record multi-point games tonight with Marc Pouliot collecting three assists, Ryan O'Marra scoring one goal and one assist, and Slava Trukhno scoring twice. Falcons goaltender J.P. Levasseur was also outstanding in goal stopping 38 of 40 shots.
After a scoreless first period, Binghamton opened the scoring just 31-seconds into the second period when Ryan Keller scored his 16th goal of the year. The Falcons answered back at 9:09 of the second period when Colin McDonald converted an O'Marra set-up pass evening the score at 1-1. Springfield took their first lead of the night at 11:48 of the second frame when O'Marra scored on a nice pass from Charles Linglet. The Falcons took a one-goal lead into the final 20 minutes.
Not sitting on their lead, the Falcons extended their advantage to 3-1 just one-minute into the third period when Liam Reddox's backhand shot found the back of the net. Binghamton cut their deficit to 3-2 when Keller scored his second goal of the game, but the Falcons would regain a two-goal lead at 12:46 of the final frame when Trukhno scored his first of the night. Trukhno added an empty netter in the game's final minutes capping off Springfield's victory.
Charles Linglet - Chad Wiseman - Liam Reddox
Slava Trukhno - Marc Pouliot - Colton Fretter
Ryan MacMurchy - Ryan O'Marra - Colin McDonald
Bryan Lerg - Bill Thomas - Matt Nickerson
Dean Arsene - Cody Wild
Taylor Chorney - Johan Motin
Theo Peckham - Alex Plante
FALCONS SCRATCHES - J.F. David (Injured), Geoff Paukovich (Flu), Rob Hisey (Injured), Chris Minard (Injured), Jake Taylor (Injured), Kip Brennan (Injured), Kevin McLeod (Healthy), Chris Armstrong (Injured), Kelly Czuy (Injured)
SOME PRE-GAME FALCONS ROSTER UPDATES:
- Jake Taylor and Rob Hisey were both injured Friday night and are not on the trip to Binghamton.
- Geoff Paukovich is expected to miss his second straight game due to the flu.
- Bryan Lerg is expected to return to the Falcons lineup on Saturday after missing a handful games due to injury.
- Goaltender Andrew Penner made his Falcons debut last night after signing a PTO on Thursday.
- Injured defenseman J.F. David skated with the Falcons on Saturday. David is rehabbing from a shoulder injured and he has been with his ECHL team in Elmira, a short drive from Binghamton.
- Kip Brennan is missing his first game of the year on Saturday night due to injury.
This will be Springfield's only visit to Binghamton this year with the two teams conlcuding their season series in Springfield on March 5.
The Senators are led by Denis Hamel, who once again is having a very productive season collecting 17 goals and 18 assists for 35 points in 38 games. Ryan Keller is averaging a point a game for Binghamton with 15 goals and 16 assists for 31 points in 31 games. Martin St. Pierre is also at the point a game clip with 14 goals and 21 assists for 35 points in 35 games.