FALCONS BLANKED IN PROVIDENCE 3-0
January 24, 2010 - The Springfield Falcons lost to the Providence Bruins by a score of 3-0 on Sunday afternoon in front of 6,931 at the Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence, RI. Providence goaltender Dany Sabourin earned the shutout stopping all 26 shots he faced on the afternoon. The Falcons will next play on January 29 when they host the Norfolk Admirals at the MassMutual Center.
After a scoreless first period, Providence's Zach Hamill opened the scoring with just 1:50 remaining in the second period giving the Bruins a 1-0 lead through 40 minutes of play. The two teams exchanged power play opportunities throughout the first two periods, but failed to convert. Springfield finished 0-3 on the power play, while Providence was 0-4 on the man advantage.
In the third period, Providence expanded their lead to 2-0 just 1:24 into the final frame when Jeff LoVecchio collected a loose puck and snapped a shot past Falcons goaltender Andrew Penner. The Bruins' Jamie Amiel added some insurance late in the third period ending the scoring for the night.
(7) Charles Linglet - (15) Chad Wiseman - (14) Chris Minard
(11) Slava Trukhno - ( 9) Liam Reddox - (19) Colton Fretter
(12) Geoff Paukovich - (22) Ryan O'Marra - (18) Colin McDonald
(20) Thomas Beauregard - (16) Bryan Lerg - (38) Jason Pitton
(8) Johan Motin - (25) Jake Taylor
(4) Taylor Chorney - (36) Zach Tarkir
(33) Sasha Pokulok - (21) Alex Plante
(35) Andrew Penner
(31) J.P. Levasseur
FALCONS SCRATCHES - J.F. David (Injured), Matt Nickerson (Healthy), Ryan MacMurchy (Healthy), Rob Hisey (Injured), Theo Peckham (Injured), Kip Brennan (Injured), Rick Cleaver (Healthy), DEan Arsene (Injured), Chris Armstrong (Injured), Cody Wild (Sick)
PRE-GAME FALCONS PLAYER TIDBITS
- Charles Linglet had one goal and one assist Saturday night giving him two goals and eight assists in his last six games. Linglet is currently tied for third in the league in scoring with 49 points.
- Liam Reddox has points in five of his last six games collecting four goals and four assists in that span.
- Chad Wiseman has four goals and four assists in his last three games.
- It appears that Falcons captain Dean Arsene will miss his second straight game due to injury.
- Kip Brennan will miss his fourth straight contest due to injury.
- Andrew Penner appears set to start Sunday's game in goal for Springfield.