FALCONS SET FOR THREE GAMES THIS WEEKEND
Week in Review
March 5- Springfield-3 vs. Binghamton-5 (Goal Scorers: Chad Wiseman, Charles Linget, and Liam Reddox)
March 6- Springfield-7 vs. Lowell-5 (Goal Scorers: Chris Minaard-2, Chad Wiseman-2, Ryan MacMurchy, Slave Trukhno, and Colin McDonald)
This Week’s Schedule
March 12, 2010 - Springfield vs. Hartford 7:30 MassMutual Center
March 13, 2010 - Springfield vs. Hershey 7:00 MassMutual Center
March 14, 2010 - Springfield at Portland 4:00 Cumberland County Civic Center
This Week’s Game Previews
Friday, March 12, 2010- Springfield (21-33-9-3) vs. Hartford (26-26-6-5)
The Falcons’ I-91 rival will roll into town at the end of a five-game road trip. The Pack will also be coming off a Wednesday night game in Worcester against the Sharks. The Falcons holding a 3-2-1-0 record against Hartford this season. The Falcons have won the last two meetings, both 2-1 decisions in overtime. Both wins were come-from-behind victories. Rob Hisey scored the game winner on February 26 in Hartford and Chris Minard scored the winner on January 23.
Saturday, March 13, 2010- Springfield (21-33-9-3) vs. Hershey (49-12-0-2)
The Hershey Bears currently hold the best record in the AHL. They reached the 100-point mark and clinched a playoff spot this past weekend with convincing wins over W-B/Scranton and the Adirondack Phantoms. The Falcons came out on top 3-2 in the teams only other meeting this season way back on November 21. In that game, Colton Fretter and Ryan O’Marra brought the Falcons back from one-goal deficits and Chad Wiseman scored in the shootout to give the Falcons a hard-fought win. This will be the last match-up of the season between the teams, the Falcons 2-2-0-0 when hosting the Bears in the last five seasons.
Sunday, March 14, 2010- Springfield (21-33-9-3) at Portland (35-21-5-3)
The Atlantic Division series between the Pirates and Falcons has tipped in the wrong direction over the course of the season. The Falcons are 2-3-0-0 against the Pirates so far this year. The Falcons took the first two games, 5-2 on October 3 and 2-1 on November 8. Since then Portland has won three straight against Springfield, including a 2-0 blanking on December 8 in Maine. Charles Linglet has tallied five points against Portland this year.
Falcons Player and Team Notes
• With five points this past weekend, Charles Linglet has brought his season total to 67 and is only two points behind Hartford’s Corey Locke for third in the AHL. Linglet is also on a 6-game point streak, a span in which he has 11 points.
• Goalie Bryon Pitton made his season debut this weekend going 1-1 in the two games. He made 37 saves on both Friday and Saturday nights.
• Colton Fretter still leads with 22 goals and is second on the team with 46 points.
• Chad Wiseman now has 18 goals on the season is only three points behind Fretter for second on the team.
• Chris Armstrong is on a seven-game point streak.
• The Falcons are 4-5-0-1 in their last 10 games.